Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Life is strange...

Have you ever said to yourself, "Life is a strange thing"?   I say this to myself often.   The stranger thing is that this life is all I've ever known, so why would it seem "abnormal"?   I was sitting in the drive way today watching the kids ride their bikes.   It's amazing to me how big the twins are getting.   It just made me think about how everyone says "this time will our kids being little will go so fast".   Then I think about how short life is in general.   I'm so thankful for the hope of an eternity with God and everlasting life.   Maybe that's the life that's supposed to feel "normal".

Things have been going well lately.   School is done for all three big kids.   My daughter had her last day on Monday and is now officially a 1st grader.   I am so proud!   We are starting to get in full swing of summer activities.   Both older boys are playing baseball and their teams are undefeated.   That is NOT normal.   I've talked with moms on other teams who's kids are losing almost every game.   I think we just lucked out with good players and good coaches on the teams.   Unfortunately the boys are in different leagues this year due to their ages and so baseball has consumed most of our evenings.   There is a week in June where we have a game everyday Monday through Saturday.   Craziness!  

We've also started talking about what fun activities we can do this summer.   I think we're going to make a list of fun cheap activities and put them in a jar.   On Sunday night of each week, we'll pick one out and then depending on the weather requirements for that activity, select a day of the week to do it.   Hopefully that will keep a little spice and fun in our summer.  

My dad spent a few days in the hospital last week due to an irregular heartbeat.   Thankfully it was nothing serious like a heart attack or stroke or anything.   I felt a little bad cause it started when he was moving furniture with my husband for our township trash day.   It's strange to see your parents getting older.   I'm just glad he's okay.   Oh yeah, and taking 5 kids to the hospital at one time to visit Papa... not on the recommended activities list :D   But we survived.

Guess that's it for now.   I hope you all are enjoying the beautiful weather and have a great end of the week.  

No comments: