Thursday, May 31, 2012

I gotta PEE!

Well I had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend.   I didn't get to it a post or two ago, but we went to a friends house for a picnic on Saturday and had fun watching the kids (and adults) having fun.   Add water balloons to any event and you're always bound to have fun, whether on the wet side or dry side of the fun.   The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and getting things done around the house.   My husband has been working third shift for a few weeks now and had to work through the weekend.   Even with that, it's nice because we get to see him earlier in the day  than if he worked first shift even with sleeping.  
So I bet you're wondering about the title of this post.   My twins are in the stage of life where they need to see every bathroom to every place we visit.   Totally drives me crazy.   Usually it starts with a loud, so everyone within 20 feet can hear,  "Mommy, I gotta pee!!!"  It always seems to be in the most inopportune times too.   My favorite is having to use the port-a-potties at the baseball parks.   Of course, they want to touch EVERYTHING too!   And you're like, "ooh, not that, no don't put your hand there... ewww".    You take that chance too if you don't take them, right?   Sometimes, I just want to wait, but we've also been getting hit with lots of peeing and #2's in pants.   This I think they are doing for attention, but it's still so UGH!  

Yesterday, my son said he had some poop in his pants.   "Just a little" he declared.   So I sent him to the bathroom to change his clothes while I finished up something on the computer.   A few seconds later, I hear something like water hitting the floor.   I jump up to see my son peeing on the floor.   Oh my.   words cannot express.   I didn't even say anything.   I just grabbed a towel, cleaned it up.  Got the mop and bucket with soap, washed the bathroom floor all without saying a word.   Then I calmly sent him to his room to wait.   Can't wait for this stage to pass.

Another fun thing we did this weekend is all sleep in the tent.   As I also mentioned a post ago, I had set up the tent in the backyard.  Well of course all the kids were pumped and wanted to sleep out there.    Knowing none of them would be okay without an adult, I was roped into sleeping out there with them.   What I really don't understand is how with all this padding I have, I could possibly be uncomfortable.   Let me just say, I didn't sleep much.   The ground is much harder than I remember it being.   It did feel great to be in the outdoors all night.   I love the cool weather... it was in the low 60s that night.  

That's about all for now.   Today is our last official day of homeschooling for this school year.   SO excited to have a break!!!!!

No comments: