Monday, June 11, 2012

He's Alive!

No I'm not referring to Jesus, although He is alive too.   I just finished the book, Unbroken, that I mentioned in a post a few days ago.   Again I was in tears over the book when Louie Zamperini dedicated his life to the Lord at a Billy Graham crusade.   God's redemption is amazing!  I got to the end of the book and it doesn't mention Louie's death at all, but it mentions dates in the 2000s.   I looked at the publishing date and it was 2010.   I immediately went to my computer to see if this man who endured SO much was still alive.   Lo and behold, he was on the Jay Leno show just 5 days ago!!!   He is 95 years old and still alive and seemingly still "with it" mentally.   I cried again watching the clip on The Tonight Show.   It's amazing to me what this man endured and the testimony that has come out of it.   As I was reading the book, I kept thinking, I would just choose death.   There is no way I'd want to live through all this.  What a testimony to God's grace and redemption!   I am in awe.

If you're interested in seeing this man, here's the link:

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/thursday-june-7-2012/1405500/

He was on the longest segment, I believe the fifth segment.  Just amazing.

No comments: