Monday, July 2, 2012

I love change!

Yes, I am a person who loves change.   I like to change things up just for changing's sake.   Right now I'm trying to figure out how to better organize our clothes and all the in-between sizes that are stored and sorting laundry etc.    I'm contemplating changing our walk-in closet into a family dressing room like the Duggars have.   (I have not seen the Duggars, although I have heard from friends many times about it).   The nice thing about our closet is that it used to have a hallway entrance as well as an entrance from our room.   I think at one time it might have been a baby nursery.   We closed up the hallway entrance when we were living in just the upstairs part of my parents house, pre-addition, because we needed a pantry desparately.   We currently use that closet as a linen closet, but we actually have 3 linen closets in the house, so we can easily eliminate one.   Only problem is there is "stuff" stored in the closet currently that would have to go somewhere in order to make all the clothes fit. 

I'm also contemplating teaching piano lessons.   I keep going back and forth on this decision, but I'm closer than ever to making the dive in to do it.   This decision would require emptying out my office/school book room to put the piano in there for teaching.   In order to find a place for the desk and book shelves to go, I was contemplating moving my boys rooms into our existing office/toy room, so all four boys would be in one room, moving my daughter to my older boys room and making the two bedrooms (my daughters current and twins current) office and school room space.   This would require basically moving our entire house around.  Hmm... I wonder how thrilled my husband will be about this???   LOL.   We actually don't have all that much furniture, but still moving things around just gets crazy.   We'll see.   Maybe I'll spread it out over time.  

___________________________

On another note, I am cooking bacon right now for cabbage and noodles for lunch.  YUM!!   In order to not get grease all over my clothes, I'm wearing an apron.   I don't normally wear an apron in the kitchen so when I do, it makes me feel so domestic.   Don't know why but it does and I love that feeling!!!  

No comments: