Monday, July 30, 2012

Why can't we be friends...

It's been a while since I've been on here.   Every once in a while, when I start to feel too vulnerable on a blog, I seem to withdraw.   It might not appear vulnerable to others, but merely my perception of myself.  Therefore, I've been off for a while.  

Today however, I was perusing FB for a while and came across a number of 'arguments'... I put that in quotes because they probably weren't arguing as much as sharing very opposing views  of various topics.  However, that kind of stuff just bothers me.   I think sometimes that I spend so much time not trying to offend anyone that I may be missing my calling as a follower of Christ.   But at the same time, I just wish we could all get along.   It reminds me of that song "Why can't we be friends?".   I feel like most people I know and am friends with that are not Christians have made it pretty clear they don't want to hear anything about Jesus and therefore, I usually don't share anything than the normal happenings in my life and things that I normally give glory to God for.   Don't get me wrong, people know I'm a Christian, but they never have that "I want what she has" mentality.  

It bothers me to see America as a whole so divided on so many issues.   The bible says, "If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand."  Mark 3:24.    My father once got an email about the similarities between America and the Roman Empire... of course, relating to how the Roman Empire fell.   It was interesting to note the similarities between us and history.   I just wonder, if America keeps heading in this direction, what will we end up with?   What will our children end up with?   It's interesting too to note that America isn't really found in the bible.   People have made speculations about certain phrases etc, but it's not "clearly" in there.   All this division just has me deep in thought. 

What should I be doing?  That's my thought for tonight and my prayer for the near future.  

No comments: