Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Never more than enough

Ah, so many things to post about. I realize it's been a little while since posting, even though I have thought about posting various things many times over the past few weeks. God has been blessing my husband with lots of side jobs the past few weeks. It's been great because we're paying bills ahead of schedule to make sure this recent jump to one income can be maintained. However, wouldn't you know it, our oven broke today. I preheated the oven to stick some brownies in and as I was passing by, noticed a little fire brewing in there. I opened the door and noticed that the heating element broke in two places, so there was a piece of the heating element completely detached. Oy! Hence the title of this post. Seems like God always gives you just enough. Luckily, my husband and father should be able to fix it themselves. So blessed to have handymen in the house.

Things around the house have been going okay. Had our main living area pretty spic and span and then my sister came to visit. Let's just say 10 kids under the age of 12 in a house, makes it very hard to keep up on housework. I'm not sure how families like the Duggars do it. I'm guessing the mom's are much more disciplined than I. But I'm working on it. I'm just not one of those people (yet) that makes sure the house is clean before I go to bed.

I'm trying to get garage sale stuff together to get some of this "stuff" out of my house. Man, what a headache. Today was the day that if there had been a dumpster in my driveway, it would have ALL gotten pitched! I'm trying to keep some of it out of the sights of my kids because as soon as they find out I'm selling something the tears start falling. My daughter told me today that this Princess drawing book she has is "her favorite", but it's been buried under a bunch of stuff in a closet for months unnoticed. Is a garage sale really worth it anyway? I'm still not sold on that one. Ugh!

I'm also wondering how it can seem like I have so much time to do stuff and it just flies by! There are days that I feel so incredibly productive and then others that I wonder, what in the world did I do all day? Today I sat in front of the computer all day working on videos for various people. So the house feels untouched and I feel overwhelmed, and that usually makes for a not so good day. I asked my husband around noon today to pray for me to have an extra dose of patience today cause I was already starting to take it out on the kids. Well my oldest son must have heard because he reiterated the statement at our dinner prayer this evening. I shot him a look of you better watch it kid! Ah, I think I'll make sure every one is in bed at 8 today and reading quietly while I veg out in front of a movie. That'll help get the housework done :)

Well I think that's all I'm going to rant on for today. Hopefully tomorrow goes better!

No comments: