Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Pork chops and applesauce"

That's an old quote from the Brady Bunch. We had the pork chops for dinner today, but not the applesauce. Whenever we have pork chops though, I think of this quote. So the whole point though is that dinner was delicious today. I made the pork chops in the crock pot all day with barbecue sauce so that they were not dry. We also had mashed potatoes and salad. I also steamed some cauliflower.

Funny thing about cauliflower... we told our kids for a while that they weren't allowed to eat cauliflower until they were 18. Then they all really wanted it, so when we would let them have some, it was a special treat. Now they all love it!! We can steam an entire head of it for dinner and it will all be gone. Reverse psychology, gotta love it!!!


Two days ago, my hubby gave me a special treat too. He used a gift card for Giant Eagle that he had earned from work (since we are short on cash these days) to buy me a card and some ice cream drumsticks (who needs flowers when ice cream is the alternative!). The card was so special and talks about how blessed he was from the day he met me. I love when my hubby does stuff like this. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks babe, you're the best!!!!


Lastly, my boys are taking swimming lessons at the pool and the cutest thing happened yesterday. My oldest son's instructor was out for the day, so they had a substitute, Matt. Matt decided to take his team in the deep end. Now mind you, my son does NOT know how to swim, so even I was thinking "what is he doing?" The point was that kids are so afraid of the deep end, but floating in shallow water is the same as floating in deep water. The few things that his group does know how to do, he had them do in the deep end, just to show them that they don't need to be afraid. So he was trying to get each of the 4 kids to do things like front float, back float, put their head under water, etc when one of the little boys said "There's no way you're gonna get me to do that without a life jacket". It was so funny at the moment. My husband and I were cracking up. Kids are so cute!

No comments: