Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Projects

Trying to do some organizing now that summer is here.   It's hard.   I'm a little overwhelmed.   I know if I just start picking away at something eventually progress will be made.  So here I go....   

Today I baked bread for the first time.   Now I feel like a "veteran home schooler"... well kind of :D     It's baking in the oven as we speak.  I'll let you know how it comes out.

It's been raining today and the boys baseball game got cancelled.   I'm kind of sad.   I actually love watching them play.  I've been keeping score this season too which has given me a whole new view on it.  I've been running stats for the team too.   Their record is 2-7 right now, so we're hoping to get more wins!!! 

Now that summer is here, another change in our family has been the use of the Wii and computer.   We normally have a weekends only policy for electronics, but with all the extra time for the summer, we decided to adjust a little.   If the kids do extra chores, not their normal ones, they can earn Wii time.   Never have I had children volunteering to hand wash my kitchen floor and sort laundry!!   I think I could get used to this!   Just wish there was more I could just "send them off" to do without supervision.   This place would be immaculate!

My other summer project is painting our front stairway.   I've always envisioned this kind of mural in there of a nature scene.  Now I am NOT an artist... so we'll see how this all comes out.   I usually have these great pics in my head and are sorely disappointed when I'm not able to make it happen.  I think I have my expectations set properly this time though.   I'm just now painting the base blue color that will be the sky.  I decided to let my 9 and 10 year old help.  Oy yoy yoy... just a little stressful.   Pretty sure I'm going to go back to doing it on my own :)

My daughter is working on a loose tooth.  This will be her first one out.   She's a little sensitive to pain, so she's already been "working" on it for days!  It's quite loose.  Maybe today she'll let me do the string thing and just YANK it!!  Ha, if that happens you can be sure there will be a youtube video to follow.

Hope you are all having a blessed and relaxing day!

Shout out birthday to my dear friend Cat!!  We don't get to see each other as much as I'd like these days, but I still cherish your friendship!!  I hope you have a fantastic birthday and may God pour out his blessings on you this next year!   Love you girl!

Oats

No comments: