Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dances, Cheesecake, and Snow

What a crazy week.   I got sick on Sunday of this week with a cold.  Then we had family over for the Superbowl game.   We all exchanged germs and since I was already sick, I came down with a stomach bug.   It didn't hit until Tuesday, but then I was out of commission until part way through Wed.   I was hoping no one else in the family would get it, but unfortunately, my oldest got it on Thursday.   Oh how quickly plans get changed when you've got a stomach bug going through the house.  

My daughter went to her first Father Daughter dance last night at her school.   We did her hair up in hot rollers and she wore a beautiful Cinderella dress that was given to us by her cousins.   She looked gorgeous and what better date could she have then her daddy.   Here's some pics from last night...



Then my hubby and I got to enjoy a date night out to The Cheesecake Factory.   YUM!  It was so delicious and we had a good time.   I've been counting calories since the beginning of the year and realized today that my meal yesterday was 2000 calories.   Holy cow!   I figured when we were going there that yesterday was shot, so I enjoyed it regardless.   He also got me a dozen pink roses before we left, what an awesome guy!

Everything else has been going well lately too.   The kids are enjoying play practice and it's been fun to sit and watch everything they are learning.   I think it's going to be a good show.  Who knew Shakespeare could be so funny -- well I guess it is a comedy... so there you go. 

I've been enjoying our "winter" weather lately.  Its the middle of February and we've had more sunshine than I can remember.  We even pulled down the kids bikes and had them outside quite a bit over the past few weeks.   Alas, the fun is over though as I look outside to the blizzardy weather.   I'm just thankful for the sun while it lasted.

I hope all is well with all of you.   Have a great weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: