Tuesday, February 14, 2012

And you thought it couldn't get worse...

So if you thought yesterdays post was bad.... you won't believe today.   It's actually too bad to even go into details about.  However, it clearly ranks as the second worst day of "mom duty" I have ever had.   Which of course bears the question, what was the first worst?   You may be sorry you asked.

When my oldest son was between 10-16 months old, we went to Damon's with two other couples friends of ours.  (Luckily, they are still our friends, even today)   We were eating dinner and hanging out with my son in a high chair at the end of the table.   Within a short period of time, he went from being happy and okay to having this look of "not okay" on his face.   Of course, I got concerned and started to watch him more closely to make sure he was okay.   Then the smell came!   I thought, "well that must be why he didn't look okay, he just filled his diaper."   Oh no, it was much worse then that.    He had exploded his diaper!   Not just seeping out the sides and onto his pants; no exploded out the top, onto the highchair and even the FLOOR!   In the middle of Damon's!!!!   I'm getting ready to carry him to the bathroom to basically give him a sink bath in the restaurant, when my husband declares he has to leave for work.

Now granted, staying did mean he was going to be late, but how could you leave your wife in such a situation!!!   Luckily my friend followed me to the bathroom as I carried my son at arms length out through the restaurant.   The other members of our party, covered the "evidence" on the floor with napkins and moved to another booth close by.   I must have been in the bathroom about 20-30 minutes trying to clean off my son.   I ended up trashing the clothes (which probably made the bathroom smell lovely for the rest of the evening).  

Then I returned to the table, kindly cleaned up as much of the high chair as I could and informed our waitress of the "issue".   Then I had to sit and continue to hang out (when I of course wanted to run home and hide my head in embarrassment) because I was riding home with our friends so my husband could go to work.  

That was truly a horrible evening.... of course, no fault to my son at all.   I guess part of it was first child syndrome and not really knowing what was going on.

So today only compared lightly to that, but it was still bad.   I'm guessing we went through about $15 worth of pull-ups between my two completely potty trained twins. 

Yep!  This is my life :D

No comments: