Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Five years ago today, my baby girl was born. My rose among the thorns. We used to let the kids pick a restaurant to go to on their birthday, however, recently due to budget cuts, we let them pick their favorite meal for me to cook. I asked my daughter what she wanted for her birthday meal. She picked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and mashed potatoes. Hmmm.... Ok I said. I asked if I could make meat for everyone else though and she was fine with that. I cooked up some corned beef and cabbage along with mashed potatoes and corn, and the specialty of the evening, PB&J. It was delicious!

Last night I wrote about making cake pops. Well... they looked pretty decent last night. Here are the pics:

(pictures coming soon...)

"Last night" of course is the key word in that sentence. By morning, the balls had slid down on the sticks, so it looked like they had been placed upside down on purpose. Hmm.... will have to work on that recipe and see if I can perfect it. I think we've had our baking fix for a little while though.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Pb&J and mashed taters - my all time favorite....

Put me in your email list so I get this in my inbox!