Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Why I Am This Way...

Had a doctors appointment this morning for a routine physical.   My husband's work has this rewards program for having healthy levels of blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, etc.    The main thing my doctor was concerned about was my weight.  No surprise there.   He said I need to work a little harder to get my BMI into at least a healthy range.   Ok... so the rest of my day went like this...

I had to fast for my doctors appt for 12 hours which meant no eating after 8 PM last night.   I have a bad habit of eating late.   I only ate a salad for dinner.   So after my appointment I was very hungry AND I had no kids with me, which happens... like... NEVER!   So I decided to run through the McD's drive through and get a breakfast sandwich and coffee.   While waiting at the "2nd pickup window"... apparently a new thing at the Chesterland McDs for those who have to wait, I saw a Grand Opening sign that showed they were having a promotion for the month of Dec.   Today's special was $1.99 happy meals.   My kids hardly ever get happy meals because they are so darn expensive.  So with this being affordable, I thought it would be a special treat for today.   I took the kids there for lunch and had a McDouble meal.

THEN... I had no idea what to make for dinner tonight.  When my husband woke up, I asked him, "if I could make anything for dinner, what would you want?"   I really had no taste for anything specific (probably because I had already eaten my days worth of calories from breakfast and lunch)... after much discussion... he decided he wanted chinese.   Even though it was totally a bad idea... I couldn't sit here and watch him eat chinese (the kids got pizza)...so I ordered a meal too. 

Yep, that explains a lot doesn't it.   Granted not every day is like this!!  We've actually been trying to eat much, much better!!   I just thought it totally ironic considering my doctors advice this morning.  

No comments: