Friday, April 22, 2011

Redecorating on a dime

We put an addition on our house about 3 years ago. It's still not finished with some trim needing to be added and a punch list of a bunch of little things. However, all that time, our walls have been white. We actually still don't have the final inspection completed on our addition yet either. My brother in law came up last week and finished off a bunch of drywall and painted my parents hallway. His painting inspired us.

We made an impulse decision to take a little money out of savings and do a quick face-lift on our family room area. I'm so excited because it is looking so good.

We've also been having issues with our couch. The springs have broke and the fabric under the cushions is ripped. It really is in bad shape. Considering we bought this couch about 4 years ago from Sams club for $300, we didn't have high expectations for it.

I decided to go looking on Craigslist for a nice used couch. Buying other people's old stuff can be quite a risky deal. While outward appearance is important, so are things like smell, etc. We also needed it to be CHEAP! Most of what I found in our price range out there was hideous! I mean UGLY!!! I started to realize also that TONS of stuff is available out on the west side. I wanted something on the east side a little closer to home. I started looking more at locations and then at price and then at pictures.

God totally blessed us because I found this little gem of a couch about 10 minutes away from our house. My husband and I went to look at it the other day and thought it was perfect. No smoking, no pets, and the couch had no smell. It of course is worn, but for the $50 we paid for it.... it is in NICE shape. We are picking it up today! I will post pics in another entry once the painting and couch are in place.

No comments: