Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Boys

You would think when you see this heading that I am going to write about my 4 boys.   But alas, no, I'm going to write about my husband and his brothers.   So my husband's twin brother came home from 13 weeks of training for the Army in another state.   We decided to have a family get together.  (His sister is not here due to kids having lice.... bummer!)  

 So we get together at a local park with a playground, baseball field, pavilion, etc.   Give these guys any opportunity to create a contest or challenge and they will take it on full blast.   So a playground set is optimal territory.   It starts out with timing each other, including the younger boys, to make it around the playground set without touching the ground.  

If you touch the ground, you're disqualified.   We only sustained minor injuries from this event.... a bruised knee, hurt wrists, etc. 

Then they decided to swing across the pulley thing and see if they could inch their way back without touching the ground.   Then they decided to see how far they could go with a running start, bounce off the end, and come back without touching the ground.  



Next thing I know, here's what I see.....




Yes, my husband is laying flat on his back after flying off!  These guys are not young as they think they are.  Luckily, we still didn't have any long term injuries.


All in all we had a great time!   It will probably be a while before we can get the gang together again




Squishy, squishy!



That look... like father, like son

So sweet!

No comments: