Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Happenings

Wow, what a week!  We had a great Thanksgiving week in terms of spending time with family and relaxing.   We found out that my brother-in-law and family are expecting their fourth child.  After a year overseas in the army, I don't think anyone was surprised.   It was only a matter of time.   We are very excited for them and hope maybe, just maybe, this one will be a girl.  We also joke that it would be very funny if it were twins... just like our fourth child was. 

We got a chance to take a trip to the zoo.   We also went a few weeks back when it was sunny and warm.   It ended up being a little chillier last week, but we still had a great time.  
 

 
We also got a chance to go with some extended family members down town to see the Christmas lights.  
 

 
About a week or so ago, one of my four year olds asked when we would see a Lorax tree.   I told him, I didn't know, cause I was thinking "like never!"    Imagine my delight, when the mall's Christmas decorations looked like Lorax trees.   My sons were delighted as well!!


 
Lastly, we put up our Christmas tree.   Actually, I should clarify, the kids put up the tree.   All I did was get it down from the attic and put the lights on.   They put it together and hung the ornaments.   I was SO excited when they actually ALL worked together WITHOUT FIGHTING to put the tree together.   I even rewarded them with a piece of candy.  I was so impressed.   


 
Here's what happens when your four and six year old do the ornaments.   Eventually the bigger kids and I had to move things around and even out the tree.  

 
 
Hope you had a fantastic holiday week.   I am SO thankful for all of your friendships! 
 

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


No comments: